Wood Badge and Modules
Harmonised LearningHarmonised Learning is a programme of 2 different weekends developed by the Berkshire Scouts Adult Training Team as an alternative to the usual separate modular day & evening courses for secional Leader Training
Leaders can attend HL1 and HL2 (in any order) to complete 14 of the remaining 15 training modules after Getting Started.
Module 10; First Aid and 25; Assessing Learning are not included in the Harmonised Learning Programme and need to be completed separately)
You must attend the whole of a weekend even if you have prior experience of a particular module covered. You need to complete and validate Getting Started prior to booking onto a Harmonized Learning Weekend.
Having attended a Harmonized Learning weekend you will need to validate each of the modules individualy or via the HL Validation Scheme.
HL3 is a residential weekend practical skills course including Module 38 for Leaders wanting to gain a Nights Away Permit.
Harmonised Learning 1 - Fundamentals & Young PeopleThis is a two-day non-residential learning experience that focuses on the fundamentals of Scouting and working with young people. The weekend comprises the modules below.
- 5: Fundamental Values of Scouting
- 6: Changes in Scouting
- 7: Scouting for All
- 13: Growing The Section
- 14: Supporting Young People
- 15: Promoting Positive Behaviour
- 36: Additional Needs
These modules cover the following subjects.
- A more in depth look at the fundamentals
- A brief look at the history of Scouting
- Diversity, Inclusion & Equality
- How to recruit & retain young people and adults in Scouting
- How to support the young people in your Section
- Looking at different behaviour patterns of young people
- Integrating young people with additional needs into Scouting
We will supply tea and coffee, regular snacks, and a buffet lunch on both days. You will be sent a link after the course with all the associated reading for all the modules covered and copies of the PowerPoint presentations we use.
Harmonised Learning 2 - Programme & LeadershipThis is a two-day non-residential learning experience that focuses on delivering a safe, quality and balanced programme for your Section and leadership skills. The weekend comprises the Modules below.
- 8: Skills of Leadership
- 9: Working with Adults
- 11: Administration
- 12a: Delivering a Quality Programme
- 12b: Programme Planning
- 16: Introduction to Residential Experiences
- 17: Running Safe Activities
- 18: Practical Skills
- 19: International
- How to plan
- Leadership styles
- Administration tasks
- What is a quality, balanced programme?
- Nights Away and Activity Permits
- How to instruct practical skills
- International Scouting
We will supply tea and coffee, regular snacks, and a buffet lunch on both days. You will be sent a link after the course with all the associated reading for all the modules covered and copies of the PowerPoint presentation we use.